An attempted blog in the life of times.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Disney's Half Marathon Training

So about a week ago, I was conned, tricked, and bamboozled. After all that, then I was asked if I wanted to run in the 2010 Half Marathon. Being one that can never really turn down a request, unless I really don't want to do it, I said "yes."

And so then the training began. I recently ran the Race for the Taste 10K and the Expedition Everest Challenge, so I think that I am in a good position to at least start to think about training.

I am currently running every day trying to build up miles. I have many more miles to go. However, until I get there I just get encouragement from my friends and family.

I am nervous about the race. I know I will finish though, I will be running with the non-running runner. That helps keep me motivated.

Also, I always look forward to a good trip to Disney. We are planning on going to the Animal Kingdom so we can see Nemo, and Everest. I have never done either of these attractions, and am a little nervous about going on Everest. Not much for roller coasters. I was going to do it at the Everest Challenge, but anyone who was there knows that the monsoons rained the place out and the post-race party was basically cancelled.

On a side note about that. Disney sent me a replacement lanyard for my medal since the original one fell apart due to rain.

Until then, move down. move down. clean cup. clean cup.

1 comment:

  1. Bamboozled???? I'll remember that!! Just remember to take a rest day and work on that core!!

    Love,
    The non-runner runner!

    ReplyDelete