An attempted blog in the life of times.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2 Weeks and 4 Days

So here we are again, just the four of us. Me and apparently the three people following me.

I am 18 days out from participating in the Disney Half Marathon and I am starting to go into final taper mode, and at the same time, freak out mode.

If you follow more prestigious blogs, you may know by now that my running partner has suffered an injury to her knee. This poses to be an issue because she was my primary source of motivation to even know that I could accomplish this endeavor. So this is my plan to ensure that we both finish together and cross the finish line.

1. I will ensure that her knee is taped by the KT Tape people at the booth at the expo. They know how there product works better than anyone else.

2. I will provide her with aspirin or tylenol to ease the pain.

3. I will then give her shots of Captain Morgans Rum every 2 miles to ensure that the blood is thinned so the medicine gets to where it needs to be.

4. I will carry a 6 foot pole with a picture of Johnny Depp on it, that she can chase after.

5. I will be benevolent and let her take restroom breaks, and admire the scenery in the parks. I happen to know that she is a Pirate and would probably enjoy the lush botany in Adventureland on our way out of the Magic Kingdom.

6. We finish the race.

If none of these seem to work, I can always go with the new best friend of the runner with injuries. Pure China White Heroin. That's right, it may take the pain away but also people will run to hell and back to get more once they are hooked on. That being said, I should probably start training more to outrun her.

Just kidding about the Pure China White. This race is important but not worth the $172 per gram. I would have to go with something more cost effective.

Who knows that I will do? I do know however, that in 18 days we will be finished with this race and both wearing 2010 Donald Medals.

Have Fun, Be Young, Drink Pepsi!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad a kick in the ass wasn't on the list although I could use one of those once in awhile.

    4.5 Give her a piggyback ride, if need be.

    Can't wait to tape up! We're going to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete